IRAN ART EXHIBITION: IN 1 DAY 1 HOUR & 15 MINUTES, MAKE A FLOWER RESIN JEWELRY
Learn how to preserve in resin using this easy tutorial. Perfect for making jewelry, coasters, and more.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
ACTIVE TIME: 1 hour
DRY TIME: 1 day
TOTAL TIME: 1 day 1 hour 15 minutes
• Mod Podge Resin
• Dried flowers
• Flat glass candle holders
• Gold flakes
• Disposable cups
• Craft sticks
1. Mix the resin according to the package instructions. It will be a 1:1 mixture of resin and hardener.
2. Arrange dried flowers on the glass candle holders as desired, using tweezers.
3. Slowly pour clear resin over the flower. Fill the candle holders as much as possible without overflowing.
4. If the dried flowers begin to float, push them back down using a toothpick.
5. Sprinkle gold flakes over the clear resin.
6. Remove bubbles with the torch. Let set for five minutes and repeat. Allow resin to cure fully according to package instructions.
The art of dip flowers
IRAN ART EXHIBITION: The technique used is derived from the craft technique for dip flowers, which consists in taking real flowers and dipping them in some kind of resin to petrify them.
But in our specific case, instead of sacrificing some real flowers for the craft, people use some standard craft wire to give shape to their realization and which they dip in resin as you would do with a bubble blower. Then you just have to wait for it to dry, add some paint if you wish, and you have it.